Book Sale

Monday, 3 August 2026

Feminism and the Odyssey

 


Feminism

Tonight, on my YouTube Livestream at Based Christian History I am going to be watching and reacting to Jonathan Pageau’s interview with Rachel Wilson on Feminism. I mentioned that video last week on my blog and on my Substack, but I think what they talk about can be greatly expanded on. You can watch that video at 8pm AEST live, or you can catch up with it at another time. The advantages of modern streaming and the internet are incredible. Remember having to catch your favourite shows on T.V. and then not knowing if you would ever get to see that episode again?

It is especially fitting to discuss the subject as I sent my new book on feminism to my publisher just this past weekend. This book is a collection of many of my past articles and discussions of the subject, edited and improved for book publications. They also allow people to have these arguments as a resource for discussing these issues with friends and family.

On this Sunday just passed, I preached on how only qualified men should teach in church, and why all men should step up and set an example in the faith. Afterwards, an godly, older gentleman came up to me and suggested I should write a book on the subject. I was pleased to tell him that I had just done it. He was really encouraged to see that old school biblical standard still being taught.

There is a thirst for traditional Christianity in our modern world.

Many Protestants are turning to the Roman Catholic and Orthodox traditions, and one of the core reasons they are doing this is because modern evangelicalism has become a hotbed of radical feminism. There are other reasons, of course, like the evangelical church’s attempt to reframe the whole of Christianity as subservient to one particular nation in the Middle East. But feminism is a core problem many young men and young women have with the church. So, it is vital that we Protestants take this seriously. In fact, we should be taking it seriously just because the Bible does.

For a long time now the consensus in evangelical churches is that we have to move with the culture to help our churches stay relevant. But what happens when the culture cannot answer this question: “What is a woman?” Or “Can a man bear a child?” as Jeremiah asks in Jeremiah 30:6. It becomes patently obvious at this point that the church is foolish to continue following the culture. In fact, it was always foolish to do this, but it has just become more obvious to a log of Christians, and especially young men and women, that this is case.

In fact, just in the last few years, we have seen some prominent cases where Australian women have been severely sanctioned by the courts for simply publicly stating the reality that men cannot be women, and should not be allowed to compete against women. Kirralie Smith is one example. If you want to hear more about her situation and her attempt to change Australian law so that it reflects the reality of the difference between men and women, you can look that up here. She lost her case recently, precisely because our own country’s law is confused on this issue, and is therefore unjust.

The Odyssey

On the Odyssey, my recorded readings of the book continue. I am up to book 4.

You can watch the readings of the first two books here, book three here, and book four here. I will aim to get a couple of those readings out every week, and hopefully more.

It is a classic story and it has been fun reading it.

If it goes well, I might choose another classic to go through in the future.

Keep an eye out for tonight’s livestream, and don’t forget to subscribe to my channel if you have not already. God bless.




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment