Book Sale

Monday 5 August 2024

Meme Victory

 


Rhetoric is awesome. I didn’t create this meme, I can’t even exactly remember where I came across it last week, but it is the epitome of inspired. Just that image of the ridiculous guy in his pajamas standing up to Bane brings a smile to my face every time I see it. Such is the power of memes, they give us the ability to counter the powerful false narratives of the world we live in with a simple bit of rhetoric. What a gift from God they are, and what a remarkable time to be alive.

It brings to my mind how Martin Luther used comic strips to successfully challenge the corruption in the Church in the 16th century. Maybe you are not on team Protestant and you don’t see that as a positive thing, but the principle is still there. All of the pomp, power and prestige in the world can be made to look ridiculous with the right image and combination of words.

May the memes flow.

1 comment:

  1. He used comic strips? I hadn't heard of this before.

    ReplyDelete