Friday, 18 September 2026

There is No Perfect Time

 


Vox Day notes on his Sigma Game Substack about the passivity of Delta males,

“But the passivity and reactive behavior of the Delta is absolutely within their control. If there is one thing I have observed that seems to hold Deltas back more than anything else, it is their narcissistic desire to have the universe time everything according to their preferences. They simply don’t seem to understand the concept of a window of opportunity.

Sure, it’s important to finish a task already underway. But does the task absolutely need to be finished now? The task will still be there tomorrow, the three women at the bar will not.

There is a reason why carpe diem has remained valid and relevant for more than 20 centuries. It is because most people simply don’t, even when they have the ability to do so.

So remember, the right moment is always now.”[1]

This is so true.

I have seen this sort of thing so many times.

Don’t wait for opportunities, make them. Take advantage of the opportunities that come your way. Never wait for the perfect moment, life is not a movie.

This is how so many young men today remain single well into their 30’s wondering why they still are. It is simple, in a lot of cases, you were so single-mindedly focused on some particular task, that you were likely doing very well, that you did not realize that the pretty woman who kept asking your help or your opinion needed neither of those things, but kept coming back anyway…she was seeking to get your attention, and you completely looked past it.

Or, you might have noticed it, but you were waiting for the right moment to ask her out, and never did, and finally someone else took their chance and you are left out in the cold.

I have seen a woman pine after a man and then marry his friend, because the friend actually asked her out, and that won her over. She did not jilt the other man, because he never said a word to her, because the time was not yet right.

I have seen a beautiful woman working alongside single men, a woman who is still single long after it makes any reasonable sense why, because these men never felt the time was right to ask her out. Thank God for this too, in one situation, because my wife was one such woman, and I saw her and took my opportunity straight away.

This principle is really true in many aspects of life, not just relationships. But this is the area where many men just keep shooting themselves in the foot.

There is no perfect time, at least not in most people’s situations. There is just windows of opportunity, and closed doors. Take your opportunities, what have you got to lose?

List of References



[1] https://substack.com/home/post/p-215643412

1 comment:

  1. Trying to think of a gentle way to say this...
    In short, my personal experiences as a Millenial in the US don't seem align with what I'm reading here at all.

    I asked girl after girl after girl, and they all shattered my heart.
    And when I wasn't chasing after anyone, just keeping quietly to myself,
    the sheer contempt and hatred white women have for white men now is nothing short of insane-
    I was chased out of my job, chased out of my church, as if I were the Devil, when at my worst, I was the 'nice guy'-
    which I'll take full responsibility for, but being a 'nice guy' doesn't justify getting a call from HR asking whether you've ever thrown a stapler before.
    That was a traumatic experience, and only one of many I have suffered from modern women.

    I think dating is a game of "Please, No".
    If the ladies decide to say "No" 95%+ of the time, all together en-masse, in an insane, hypergamous frenzy, then 95% of men will end up single.

    Please, at least consider the possibility there might be some truth to my words in light of the Lindsay Clancy trial.
    What we can see clearly in that trial,
    I have seen over and over again in my personal life,
    not to the extent of child-murder,
    but in just about every other form of wickedness you could (and could not) imagine a woman getting up to.

    ReplyDelete